Life Christian Academy is focused on Jesus Christ. His standards are the ones we are all reaching to meet. He is the One with whom we would like every student to have a close relationship with. It’s His unique calling and plan we’re equipping our students to pursue.
We accomplish these goals through:
- Classroom Instruction: Students in grades K–5 receive age-appropriate Bible instruction that includes scripture memorization and specific Bible teaching. We also integrate biblical principles and concepts throughout the curriculum. Upper School students’ core class schedule includes a daily Bible class for each grade level.
- Weekly Chapels: Students in grades K–12 participate in weekly chapel experiences. Each chapel features shared worship and Bible-based teaching by teachers, pastors, guest speakers, or students. In grades 6–12, worship is led by student teams which provides opportunities for students to develop their gifts as musicians, worshipers, and leaders.
- Mentor Groups: Students in grades 6–12 participate in mentor groups for the entire school year. The goal of these groups is to ensure every student knows he or she is valuable and loved by God. These groups also help students build healthy relationships with one another. Each is led by a carefully appointed adult who has demonstrated mature faith and integrity. Mentor groups meet weekly in age- and gender-based groups.
- Retreats: Designed to meet students’ spiritual needs and provide spiritual growth opportunities, these one-night, off-campus school-level and grade-level experiences are an annual part of each Upper School student’s Life Christian Academy school year.
- Spiritual Emphasis Week: Spiritual Emphasis Week is a highlight each year for students in grades 6-12. This week has been pivotal for many in their spiritual growth. Upper School students and staff gather daily for a time of worship, prayer, and transforming truth. Parents and guests are always welcome.
- Mission Trips: Each spring, our freshman and senior high school students have an opportunity to participate in mission outreach. In partnership with STINT, our seniors spend a week working on various projects and programs in Guatemala. Our freshman students spend a weekend providing services to the large homeless population in Tacoma and Seattle.
In more than four decades as a school, we’ve seen thousands of lives transformed by God and then used by Him to lead and bless thousands more.
"Six of our grandchildren have graduated from LCA. The success of their college years is a testimony to the solid foundation they received at LCA both academically and spiritually."