Final Essay prompt
The Exchange of Ideas: Freedom of Expression
You have been exploring a lot of issues throughout current events. In this essay, you are going to select your topic from your top 3 that you submitted via turnitin. You are going to construct your own argumentative essay on this subject. You will do your own research. You must consult with me by the end of today about your essay topic. What you absolutely need to have is a problem you see in our country, you list out the problems, and the solution to the problem. This must be clearly stated in your thesis. Your essay needs an introduction, a thesis, three body paragraphs (at least, and a conclusion. Moreover, you need to cite two-three sources. The same stipulations are required for the essay and are as followed:
Paper Set up
Make sure to use MLA with citations.
- Times New Roman Font [12 pt]
- Double Spaced
- Please go to the following website and view the tutorial provided!!! Your paper must be setup exactly the example shown
- Please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aN_OSMbnsI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9S1h36jww this will set up all of your citations that you gather for your paper and will let you create a work cited that must be included at the end of your paper.
- There MUST at least two external citations and internal citations.
- This essay must be 2-3 pages paper
The essay is due Friday Morning (8:00am) on January 25th 2019
THIS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA TURNITIN
*A huge pet peeve of mine that has begun to manifest itself is when students write non-sequiturs be redundant reductio ad absurdum. Please avoid these.
Non-Sequiturs- a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
Reductio ad absurdum-Disproof of a proposition by showing that it leads to absurd or untenable conclusions
*If you are absent on the day the paper is due, you will receive a zero for the assignment. If you are absent for any reason, the paper must be submitted on Turn-it-in.com or in my email by 9am on the day in which you have class and the paper is due.
*If you do not follow the paper guidelines and do not cite properly, you will receive no credit.
*If the assignment is not typed, I will not accept it!
*THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED ON TURNITIN BY
*For a great reference for primary sources go to https://cyberbullyingworldissue.weebly.com/sources.html